Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dark(Semi) Encounters of the first Kind - December 9,2012

Everybody was crying around saying power problem. What the heck I thought. One of the lucky guys to live in area where there was only two hours power cut. It is often said that we realize a thing’s value only in the absence of it. I did come to the realization of it. Our family decided to move from the comforts of Nanganallur to Tambaram. That’s where my encounters of the first kind started.

It was a bright evening in Tambaram. Suddenly something happened in the switch board and the lights went dull. I was trying to understand the situation. My omniscient dad told me we are experiencing low voltage. What?? The words sounded alien to me. Utilizing a 3 phase connection coupled with inverter I have never experienced low voltage. I have never heard the sound of a fan running at close to death speed with tube lights trying to flicker giving the night club experience. I became a communist suddenly cursing everyone from electricity board to the current, previous and history of governments who have ruled TamilNadu. After bashing everyone silently and expressing my freedom of speech to level possible [You can't write on facebook these days], I went onto rest on my bed.

I was continuously praying that low voltage would go and fans would be running at normal speed. After sometime I was wishing that I would sleep of my tiredness. Mosquitoes were doing their bit of share in keeping me awake so that I could enjoy this experience. Coupled with all the factors I was feeling a unique night of sleeplessness. Imagine you have a whole night for thinking. One could think of a lot, even solutions to the power problem in TamilNadu.  All I could think of was a blog post and the biting mosquitoes.

The constant whirring of fan made sure that I should utilize my creative talent and not sleep lazily on bed. Thanks to it a blog post is now ready for the world to have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment